Frequently Asked Question: So, how does it feel to see your runes all over the place? Isn’t it awesome?!
[trailer # 1 & trailer # 2 here if you wanna see.]
you know, its now been about 15 years I’ve watched my artwork donning people’s skin. I want to say it’s terribly different seeing it large scale, big-screen, dolled up all-film sized but it really isn’t. certainly it’s on a grander scale but that loses a certain intimacy that personally tattooing people, becoming part of their story, learning about theirs gives me.
Now lemme tell you about what is exceptionally different about this experience;
1) watching my friend’s story, something I’ve watched from dwarf to morph, to this amalgamation and seeing her glow even while she pressurizes under all this success. That’s been wondrous
2) watching the fans. from when they post about what they don’t like, to gush about what they do like, to drawing on themselves during class, to making pastries with my runes for each others b-days, to strong arming their friends to finishing the books before the film starts. that’s really precious. I’ve gotten off on that for year. now its x 18641277421754121!
link: AWESOMEFANSAREAWESOME collection over on DeviantArt.
*Just check out YouTube search “fan reaction mortal instruments trailer”…
…after something like that, why do even need to know mine.
3) watching the works. seriously I always have a kin for wears and some of the stuff that fans put together not to mention what Viviane Hebel has done. Don’t even get me started on the bad-ass combination of the two. Seriously you should head over to her Pinterest page for a peak. It will not disappoint.
4) watching the comic come together! oh come on, kids, its ME! Comics has a seniority in the hormones of my heart.
5) Did I mention the works? I mean, yeah, you guys are rocks stars…. but sometimes… ಡ_ಡ
6) Okay, some Official stuff I’m really giggity-giggity about!
*ITS IN THE COFFEE GUYS!!
*that reflected skyline/city is an
unbelievably bad-ass beauty
*whatever, man dat Belt!
7) My Mom. Seriously. She won’t be seeing the film. It is not her Cup o’Tea. However every time she watches a Film and the TMI trailer comes up she calls me up. Hearing her excitement, well it gets me pretty excited. Tears me the fuck up really. Properly.
And that’s the God’s honest truth. Hearing others excited, seeing others happy, knowing others are pleased and motivated and sharing and wonderfully jazzed about it— well, there it is, THATS what makes me jazzed about it.
That and the coffee. Did I mention the coffee. Because of Reasons! :o)